BAD PORTRAIT TIME for Caterpillar Eyespots!

Portrait by Mandy Stobo as past of her Bad Portrait Project

I recently started following the Curiosity Rover Twitter account (@MarsCuriosity) which sends out tweets as if they are from the the Curiosity rover itself. This is pretty neat and a good way to keep abreast of the goings on out there on the red planet. I soon came across another Twitter account, Sarcastic Rover (@SarcasticRover), a parody twitter feed which also tweets as if it was the Mars Curiosity rover, but instead makes comments like "I'm on Mars, whoop-dee-fricken-doo". The logo used for the Sarcastic Rover twitter feed was pretty hilarious (Lets do a SCIENCE!), so I looked to see who drew it. 

It turns out that it was created by an artist named Mandy Stobo who has an ongoing project called the Bad Portrait Project. She has a SEND YOUR FACE section where you can send in a photo of yourself and she will make a "Bad Portrait" version then e-mail you a free *.JPG of it! Pretty neat. I asked her if she would create a Bad Portrait of a Papilio canadensis caterpillar photo for me to use at conferences or as a logo, and a few days later she sent me the amazing portrait you see above. In my opinion her artwork is more rad than bad.

Here is the photo I sent her:



You can find out more about Mandy Stobo and her artwork at the websites linked below:


0 comments:

Post a Comment